Camaro Zone Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Token Firebird Owner
9,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was cruising along in the slow lane last night to the Friday night meet that 6LE and Sommer86 usually go to, when it starts drizzling. That's OK because the NT05 rear tires that I have are pretty good in the rain. So this import with HIDs (all I could tell) comes flying up behind me, tailgates me (this is when I see it's a Lexus with an aftermarket front grill), and flashes his brights super fast for like 10 seconds. I assume he wants to race, so another lane opens up to the right of me and I move over, and slow down a bit to see what he'll do. He starts slowing down, so I downshift and slow down to 60 or so. I hear him gun it so I semi-slowly lay into it (since it's raining) and by about 90 I'm a fender past him. We slow back down to about 55, and I honk it off... He doesn't go for whatever reason. I hear him floor it, then let off when he doesn't hear me flooring it. Seriously? He doesn't know what I meant by three honks? So I just wait until I can sort-of hear his car and can see it accelerating, then punch it. By 80 my rear bumper was at his front bumper, so I shut it down. It was pretty obvious that car wouldn't take mine... The Lexus just kept going and continued weaving through traffic, presumably looking for a slower car. I wonder what they would have thought if I told them my setup was bone stock with the exception of a lid? Not bad for an IS300, but you know what they say about winning... It doesn't matter if it's by an inch, or by a mile. :rock:

It was like this:

I don't think he would have stood a chance even with a race up to 120. If he sees this and wants to run again, I'm down.

·
Premium Member
4,849 Posts
nice kill

·
That's what she said
8,682 Posts
Nice those IS300's got some balls probably because they are RWD :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts