Camaro Zone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 670 Posts

·
Registered
7,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been here for a little while now, instead of making a new thread every time i do something, ill post it here..I came across this car in the newspaper, it had 63k miles on it. When I went there, it was a blue that I have never seen before. I got it as a graduation gift and now is my DD. It has a 3.8l with 4l60e and 3.08 gears. When looking through the paper work, the engine was replaced at 57k miles, in 2005. When i bought it, the quarter panels were dented to all hell, the body work is good now.

I sanded the bird off of the center piece between the tail lights

I then bought WS6 Sway bars and installed them. Yes, I painted them. It gave under the car contrast. ($20)

I bought a High Rise hatch ($60) and then a trans am bumper ($20)

·
Registered
7,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
i bought switchback led turn signals and el-12 flasher and i bought some 880 led fog lights. ($55)

Firebird Switchback LED turn signals and LED fog lights - YouTube

Removed the air silencer, and removed the ribs from the air lid ($5)

Bought a pair of Trans Am Sideskirts and installed them ($150)
Also removed door strips and the Firebird door emblem(FREE)

Fabricated up some projectors for HID's ($132 including hid kit)

Bought Trans Am front bumper, came with wiring harness, waiting on foglamps i bought to be delivered. ($200)

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Its looking nice, dude. I love that shade of blue. Any power mods planned in the future?

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
i plan on doing a v8 swap, preferably a lq9, l92 heads and a cam. 3.73 gears in the rear. not sure what kind of trans i want to do yet
Nice dude. You don't see many LQ9 swaps. Should be a nasty little motor once it's built. What kind of trans is in the car now? And will it be your DD or a second car or what?

·
Registered
7,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice dude. You don't see many LQ9 swaps. Should be a nasty little motor once it's built. What kind of trans is in the car now? And will it be your DD or a second car or what?
its got a 4l60e in it right now. It will be my DD for awhile, so i kinda want a stalled auto. when that time comes around, ill probably ask sniper some questions

·
CZ's Turbo Gawd
7,943 Posts
But if I'm gonna go 6.0 l92 heads, I'd much prefer an 80 over a 60, unless it's cheaper to just build a 60
Cheaper initially then blow a few up eventually making you upgrade by then you will have wasted enough money on transmissions that could otherwise be used to beef up other parts of the car.

just a slow LT1 that whistles :)

·
Registered
7,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
94 T/A said:
Cheaper initially then blow a few up eventually making you upgrade by then you will have wasted enough money on transmissions that could otherwise be used to beef up other parts of the car.

just a slow LT1 that whistles :)
I wonder if sniper would cut me a deal if he still does transmissions ;)

·
Mostly Harmless
1,778 Posts
I hate to be "that guy" but if you're doing all this work to make your bird look just like a T/A, and then an engine swap to make if have the same engine (or close to it) of a T/A...

...why not just buy a T/A and paint it your blue color? lol ><

·
Registered
7,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Torenhire said:
I hate to be "that guy" but if you're doing all this work to make your bird look just like a T/A, and then an engine swap to make if have the same engine (or close to it) of a T/A...

...why not just buy a T/A and paint it your blue color? lol ><
Cause i like a challenge, and I didn't pay for this car :p I like to say the color is from the factory also. Since I got the car for graduation, it'd also be cheaper to do a v8 swap.

·
Mostly Harmless
1,778 Posts
Fair enough, was just curious...seemed like a lot of work/hassle for a T/A when you could just buy one and paint it :p

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
The only thing i dont like on a T/A front bumper is the fog light hole in the center. To me the only use is to remove the lights and use those for a turbo.

·
Call me... MR. SnIpEz
8,688 Posts
Ok people please stop calling them L60 or L80. Proper abbreviation is 80e or 60e. Also, for someone in particular watching this thread, it's torque converter, not stall converter (you know who you are lol)

Responded to your PM man, I hadn't seen this thread when I wrote back, but it's kind of geared towards what you were talking about anyways I see haha :)

·
Premium Member
3,839 Posts
Fair enough, was just curious...seemed like a lot of work/hassle for a T/A when you could just buy one and paint it :p
Because he can't match the paint :p

1 - 20 of 670 Posts