Camaro Zone Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1997 Camaro Z28, At the moment my car doesnt have a whole lot done to it, cold air intake, edelbrock shorty headers, high flow cat, flowmaster muffler. But i want more power, not interested in doing head work really, bolt ons are more my speed. What should i do? Programmer? Intake Manifold? etc. Before, what i had done was enough for me, but sad to say i was beat the other day by a 2009 nissan maxima -_- so that definately made me want to do more, kindof embarrassing. Just let me know, thanks

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Shorty headers don't do tooo much, but longtubes would be a solid upgrade. Gears and a tune would also be beneficial without breaking your bank.

·
CZ's Turbo Gawd
7,943 Posts
Programmers are junk have it tuned instead. The factory LT1 intake is a good design changing it won't do much for you without other supporting mods such as a different cam, ported heads etc. changing the rear gears is one of the easiest ways to wake a car up on the cheap.

·
CZ's Turbo Gawd
7,943 Posts
Depends... With a 6speed Trans 4.10s are great but if you have an auto and do a good amount of highway driving 3.73s would be a better choice. With 4.10s and and auto Trans the MPGs really suffer.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
^ This. Really gearing is IMO the best bang for your buck as far as how the car is gonna feel and perform. Gearing will really wake up your car.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Longtubes, Tune, Gears & Nittos, race people from digs. That will be a solid build for those imports.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts