Camaro Zone Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Token Firebird Owner
9,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A friend of mine is doing a 5.3L LM7 swap into his Fox body Mustang. You may have seen a picture of this motor floating around online...

Anyways, just look at the pics...

It's a GT500 blower, bolted to an adapter box, bolted to an Edelbrock Victor Jr. LS1 intake, on top of a pretty much stock 5.3L motor with LS9 headgaskets and eBay head studs.

·
Registered
7,383 Posts
A friend of mine is doing a 5.3L LM7 swap into his Fox body Mustang. You may have seen a picture of this motor floating around online... Anyways, just look at the pics... It's a GT500 blower, bolted to an adapter box, bolted to an Edelbrock Victor Jr. LS1 intake, on top of a pretty much stock 5.3L motor with LS9 headgaskets and eBay head studs.
Nice, in a side note, is that turbo ls1 Grand National Mark's or someone that he's doing it for?

·
Token Firebird Owner
9,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Nice, in a side note, is that turbo ls1 Grand National Mark's or someone that he's doing it for?
It's Marks Grand National (Mark is also known as 6LITEREATER of 6LE Designs). He bought it but the motor always had some slight pinging issue. Turns out it was a knock issue and the bottom end was toast. He figured it was a better idea to do a V8 swap and turbo it to make 500+HP than to rebuild the stock GN motor to make 350+HP, for almost the same price.

The GN isn't shown in the above pics...

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Man, efing sweet!

·
Token Firebird Owner
9,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Not sure on the hood. I know he bought a cheap pin-on cowl hood for it, but he's probably just going to cut a hole for the blower to stick out of. Gotta ask him. (The Fox, not Marks car). Marks GN hood will be a custom sheet metal cowl hood made with his primary metal/waterjet fabricator shop, AFAIK, based on the stock GN hood.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts