Camaro Zone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i decided to buy a berger panel. got it off ebay for $58. and i just got it today.

so i have to get the RS off it and also i need to paint it. im not sure if i want to paint it teal or if i want to paint it flat black. im not sure if the berger mod would look good on my color car. what do you guys think? and how much time does it take to to repaint it? also how hard is it to remove the one on the car?

·
Always Watching...
22,233 Posts
It'll look hawt on your color car if you do a satin black berger. I'd do a photoshop rendering for ya, but my stupid PS isn't working.
I think I've done one before with a similar color for another member on here.

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
It's super easy to remove from your car. Remove the spare tire in the back cubby, peel back the lining along the trunk to reveal the nuts that hold the tail lights in, remove them, there are two on each tail light. Pull the tail lights out, disconnect the wiring. If I remember right, there are 4......I think that hold the filler panel on. I'm not good at remembering details. get a socket or open end wrench, unscrew em and take the panel out of the car, installation is the reverse. Easy

X2 on the Satin Black

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i thought satin black but i really like the flat black on Chuckys car his color is close to mine. but like i said not sure. dont want to paint the whole thing put it on and then have something that doesnt look that great.

·
Token Firebird Owner
9,914 Posts
It's not that hard to remove the existing one. You unbolt it in the same area as when you remove your tail light lenses. Is it your first time painting something? If you're not sure it'd look good, I'm sure somebody else will buy it if the paint job comes out alright.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Always Watching...
22,233 Posts
i thought satin black but i really like the flat black on Chuckys car his color is close to mine. but like i said not sure. dont want to paint the whole thing put it on and then have something that doesnt look that great.
Satin is just a fancy word for Flat.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
6,797 Posts
I just did this to my car on Friday, it was very easy and turned out great. And yes Ben, there are 4 bolts that hold it in place.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea that does look good and it would look way better when its not in the rain lol. then the teal color looks way better.

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
that looks really good. I'd say go for it.

painting cars is fairly easy if you are careful. you just gotta get a HVLP gun (big airbrush), and make sure you get an even distance from the panel.

·
Call me... MR. SnIpEz
8,688 Posts
Yeah do it. After seeing the PS job Robert did I see no reason not to

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i think i am going to do it. if i dont like it i can always throw the damaged one back on. what about the Z28. i was thinking stainless steal ones would that go with the black and the teal?

·
Token Firebird Owner
9,914 Posts
i think i am going to do it. if i dont like it i can always throw the damaged one back on. what about the Z28. i was thinking stainless steal ones would that go with the black and the teal?
Yep! Do it. :icon15:

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
im having trouble getting the RS off the panel. what can i do to get it off easier?

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
sweet thanks came off with my nails lol. so how much should i sand it or should i dont some thing else?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts