Camarozone.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up an 02 formula Trans Am on Craigslist. 120K miles, interior in very good condition. No dash cracks, middle console is solid & in tacht. Seats in great shape.

Stock everything. Only real issue was the passenger window wouldn't roll up or down. Got new switches off eBay play a window motor. All fixed after installing both.

ImageUploadedByCamaro Zone1473643823.541383.jpg ImageUploadedByCamaro Zone1473643836.025877.jpg

Got guy down from $5500 down to $3500

Sent from my iPhone using Camaro Zone

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got exhaust done at local exhaust shop. Shorty headers, removed cats. New y-pipe, universal cat, jones full boar muffler.

Getting a Maaco paint job. Gonna see how it turns out. Here are current pics. Going GM gloss black. Replaced low rise spoiler with high rise from a '99 T/A. Ordered the fiberglass Ram Air hood. It's about 50 lbs lighter than the standard OEM. It's like paper light.
ImageUploadedByCamaro Zone1473644159.732219.jpg ImageUploadedByCamaro Zone1473644170.383154.jpg

MAACO prepping for paint

ImageUploadedByCamaro Zone1473644194.153799.jpg ImageUploadedByCamaro Zone1473644210.236544.jpg ImageUploadedByCamaro Zone1473644220.037404.jpg ImageUploadedByCamaro Zone1473644234.306410.jpg

·
Registered
11,492 Posts
Awesome !!
Mount Olive doesn't have emissions testing? I know Sanford does, well, they did when I lived there just over 6 years ago. If so, good luck passing the test with the exhaust mods.

Sanford (Lee County) wouldn't let me make any exhaust mods. If the engine light is on, automatic fail. They also do the sniffer test (probe in the tail pipe).

Posted from iPhone 5s using Camaro Zone Mobile App

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gotta guy who will pass me, as long as no CEL. Gonna have my tuner tune out the downstream o2's as well. Hope to get all of this done this week. Also gonna remove the secondary air system that came with the car. Had to remove from the engine block in order to get the headers on. So now they're just sitting there. Hope I remove everything correctly without messing something up.
ImageUploadedByCamaro Zone1473647338.846384.jpg ImageUploadedByCamaro Zone1473647348.262642.jpg

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Why do you have to remove the block to install the headers? I put longtubes on my Ls, and didn't even have to lift the engine at all.

98 z28 bolt-ons with no tune drag radials [email protected]

02 firebird v6 almost all stock except slp lid and k&n filter

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I misspoke. I meant I had to remove the secondary air system/tubes from the block. Looks like EGR valves that had to be removed.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What are the ends of those air hoses called? They look like EGR pieces.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
What are the ends of those air hoses called? They look like EGR pieces.

They were they secondary air injection hoses. I figured you had just misspoken, I was just clarifying.

98 z28 bolt-ons with no tune drag radials [email protected]

02 firebird v6 almost all stock except slp lid and k&n filter

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Removed the air system. It was pretty easy. Only thing i didn't do was go behind the engine and remove whatever bolt is there. I removed the hoses, diverter, and the air pump. The solenoid I believe was still hooked up because the tiny vacuum hose was going to the back of the engine so I left it, didn't want to deal with any vacuum leaks. Pulled the fuse and relay as well, so that solenoid shouldn't be active, I assume.

·
Registered
413 Posts
NICE! Maaco gets a bad rap because they're cheap but everything i have seen from them is excellent. I've seen a $2000 paint job on a Lexus that was worse in every way. Afterall, that's all the people there do all day every day. They have to get pretty good at it. Your car looks great overall. Keep up at it!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Camaro Zone mobile app

1 - 16 of 16 Posts