Camaro Zone Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Always Watching...
22,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Crazy ass Brits! :lol:
Drag Racing Photographer Has Steel Balls, Death Wish - Funny Car - Jalopnik
Cheating death: The moment a British photographer narrowly escapes being crushed by a runaway drag race car | Mail Online

Andy Willsheer barely takes a step backwards as the 250mph dragster bares down on him

How it happened: As Drag racer Steve Gassparelli accelerated away from the line his 'funny car' suddenly veered to the right

There was nothing more Gassparelli could do but sit tight and hope the fuel-laden dragster did not explode

With the 250mph funny car heading straight for him, Willsheer calmly snapped away - even though other photographers were running in the opposite direction

And yet closer: In the blink of an eye the dragster was almost on the Briton... but he kept the viewfinder of his camera clamped closely to his eye

The giant back wheels loom large as Gassparelli's car strikes the concrete barrier

Inches from death: The wheels were still spinning as the car mounted the barrier...

Up close: Andy Wilsheer's photo as the drag race car bounces off the barrier in front of him

Photographer Andy Willsheer calmly snapped away as car careered towards him

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
I wonder how full his pants are

·
That's what she said
8,682 Posts
Nice pics

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
That is epic. Woot for someone not afraid to get the job done in obvious extreme danger.

Also, I found the reason it flipped.. look at the logo on the grill :lol:

·
Registered
893 Posts
Awesome pics and all. I've been waiting to see them ever since I saw the crash. However, that funny car was not going 250mph. I know those things go from 0 - 300 in no time, but factor in the fact that he never got traction, and spun immediately off the line, he was maybe going 100 after flipping, if that. But either way, I'd still run ha ha.

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
Also, I found the reason it flipped.. look at the logo on the grill :lol:
I was actually just about to comment on that... thought stealer!

·
Registered
103 Posts
as a photographer myself, we get into some interesting places to get that one "money shot" photo sometimes we get hurt sometimes we dont lol its always funny though afterwards.
but he is real lucky good pics too

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
as a photographer myself, we get into some interesting places to get that one "money shot" photo sometimes we get hurt sometimes we dont lol its always funny though afterwards.
but he is real lucky good pics too
Rally Car Racing photographers are the craziest by far!

·
That's what she said
8,682 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts