Camaro Zone Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to remove pinstripes? They look factory and feel like they are on top of the clear coat. I've tried rubbing alcohol which fades the color off of them but you can still see and feel them.

Attachments

·
Registered
890 Posts
Are they paint or decals?

·
The "Senior" Member
18,266 Posts
Decals

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Camaro Zone mobile app
If you are sure they are decals:
You're going to laugh but, smear some goo gone over them and let it set.
The laugh part is you can also use peanut butter.
Let it set overnight.
Wipe them off.

Reactions: raytyj

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you are sure they are decals:
You're going to laugh but, smear some goo gone over them and let it set.
The laugh part is you can also use peanut butter.
Let it set overnight.
Wipe them off.
If it sounds dumb and works it isn't dumb. Lol. I'll try it!

·
The "Senior" Member
18,266 Posts
If it sounds dumb and works it isn't dumb. Lol. I'll try it!
Years ago we used peanut butter to remove decals from navy airplanes.
Seriously.
It will also work for bumper stickers and such.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Peanut butter

Years ago we used peanut butter to remove decals from navy airplanes.
Seriously.
It will also work for bumper stickers and such.
Years ago I saw a lady used car sales person use peanut butter on the faded blackout on a vehicle. When I laughed she said it works for a while. Enough to get it sold.

·
Registered
31 Posts
There's a rubber wheel you can buy that will fit on a drill. It's designed for just this job and won't damage the paint. Check your parts store or Google it. I'll try and find a link to one when i get a chance. The ones I've seen are just a yellow rubber disc/wheel about 1" thick 4" diameter and has a shaft coming out the middle

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Camaro Zone mobile app

·
Ambitious, but Rubbish
5,300 Posts
Heat gun or blow dryer should peel right off

Sent from my iPhone using Camaro Zone
Yup, usually heating it up will get it easier to work with, you can then also use a little fishing line or something else that won't scratch the paint under it, to wiggle in and help you peel it off easier without pulling at the stripes and breaking them.

·
Registered
204 Posts
There's a rubber wheel you can buy that will fit on a drill. It's designed for just this job and won't damage the paint. Check your parts store or Google it. I'll try and find a link to one when i get a chance. The ones I've seen are just a yellow rubber disc/wheel about 1" thick 4" diameter and has a shaft coming out the middle

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Camaro Zone mobile app
I almost took out someone's eye with one of those.. I gave it too much trigger and it came apart and flew about 20 feet. I am not a fan of them. but they do work.once under control..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Heat gun, and some H.E.T. Degreaser/bug and tar remover. Safe on paint. I do it daily in my bodyshop

98 camaro ss torch red Ls1 .10 speedpro pistons, XR281HR Comp cam,rr,springs 5.3 tsp heads / typhoon intake, 36lb inj / procomp 102mm tb, 3.73, 3000 edge converter

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
your paint is going to be faded underneath those stripes, just fyi.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts