21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
The "Senior" Member
18,266 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
so i tested everything pretty much and i have came to the conclusion that it is a faulty body control module... i was wondering if anybody had done this bypass on it and what and where you got the parts to do it so that i can give it a try without messing anything up. thank you

·
Registered
103 Posts
might I throw my situation in the pile

My engine wants to turn over so badly, however, after about a quarter turn is stops and about a half turn she stops, then a quarter, and she stops and every once in a while, a loud banging noise like a backfire (though that could be because I don't have the exhaust hooked up) This car is a 98 Firebird 3.8L actin more like a 98 Firechicken. I bought it with the air conditoner cut out, and a bad, starter, I replaced the starter, the fuel filter, the Crankshaft Possitioning sensor, the battery, and gave it a tune up. I've also now, poured Mystery Oil into the Plug holes. And nothing. I had to change the firing order because the guy I bought it from had them wrong, but they're right now. What should I check next. Please private message me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
might I throw my situation in the pile

My engine wants to turn over so badly, however, after about a quarter turn is stops and about a half turn she stops, then a quarter, and she stops and every once in a while, a loud banging noise like a backfire (though that could be because I don't have the exhaust hooked up) This car is a 98 Firebird 3.8L actin more like a 98 Firechicken. I bought it with the air conditoner cut out, and a bad, starter, I replaced the starter, the fuel filter, the Crankshaft Possitioning sensor, the battery, and gave it a tune up. I've also now, poured Mystery Oil into the Plug holes. And nothing. I had to change the firing order because the guy I bought it from had them wrong, but they're right now. What should I check next. Please private message me.
My 81 Camaro will turn over but want start I changed the distributor I think it's the timing guess I need to pull it up on number 1 and start over

21 - 25 of 25 Posts