Camaro Zone Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am talking about the big center piece in between the two seats that the rear drink holders and center compartment are part of.

Since my Camaro is down for a bit and I have a bunch of carbon fiber, I am going to pull it out and customize it with carbon fiber and synthetic leather.

Any tips on getting it out?

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Unbolt it all the way, pop the shifter part up because there is a bolt under it too. You have to remove the shift knob as well. I prefer putting it in the lowest gear i can to get it to clear the part under the radio when pulling it out.

Sent from my LGL41C using Camaro Zone mobile app

Reactions: Mr. Wheeler

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks buddy. I have the smaller upper console out now (that the center drink holder is in) and already have a few layers of body filler on it for making molds out of. Will probably pull the lower one out tomorrow.

I think what I am going to do is make covers for these consoles out of carbon fiber, cut away the parts of the consoles I don't need and glue the covers on with paneling adhesive in order to get rid of useless and poorly designed parts while still leaving the critically important stuff intact.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts