Camaro Zone Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Well here goes. Why hasn't someone made OEM factory style tail light lens replicas for the 4th gen Camaros and Firebirds? I mean people already make OEM replicas for all the other lenses.

The headlights, front turn signals, fog lights, side markers, third brake lights and etc. They all have OEM factory style replicas. So why not the tail light lenses too?

Sure they make a lot of aftermarket tail light lenses. Some that are good and some that are horrible. Be it the euro styles or the LED styles or some other style. I mean hey to each his own.

Some people like custom looks. I have nothing against that. But what about us OEM factory style people huh? Where is our replica tail light lenses at? It just burns me that someone hasn't done this yet.

I mean would it really be that hard to do? If they can make all those fancy aftermarket styles then why not these? I guess us OEM factory style guys will have to live with what we got.

And pray we can find some good condtion ones with no cracks or water leaks should the need arise. Sadly they usually cost a ton and aren't even worth the price. Its just people trying to make a profit because of how "rare" they are.

Why not just make replicas of the OEM factory style tail light lenses already? Then no one would have to worry about overpaying for some bad condition junk that isn't in the condition it claims to be.

Now I am sure other people have made topics about this before. So I apologize for making the how ever many topics this makes it now. It's just things like this that just piss me off.

Same for the 3rd gen Camaro and Firebird tail light lenses. Exact same story and situation. Its just pitiful. Every other lens for these cars except the tail lights are being made in OEM factory style replicas.

So seriously why not these lenses as well? And don't go into the whole copyright patent discussion. Anyways I am done ranting about this. Maybe someone like Hawks Motorsports will wise up and make some replicas.

They have done it before when no one else would. Maybe GM will let them do it or something. Who know's. I guess will just have to hope and pray it comes to pass and sooner rather than later.

Anyways sound off in the comments if your as mad about this as I am. And you want someone to make replicas for us OEM factory style people as well. As I am sure I am not the only person wanting them. Or at least I hope not that is.

Thank you and Peace.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Not sure but you can get replacement OEM tail lights at pick and pull. A little polish and UV coating and they're good as new.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Camaro Zone mobile app

1 - 2 of 2 Posts