Camaro Zone Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I was just wondering if there was a Roll bar set up for a 97 trans am convertible that wouldnt completely waste the interior and still have the desired look and effect. I was hoping for just a four point cage from the front seat head rest back and still be able to have rear seats? Ive been looking around but i cant seem to find what Im looking for, does it exist?

thanks

·
Registered
525 Posts
I don't know about that style, but I'm sure you can get one of those styles that goes right behind the front seats.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
The 4-point make having the backseat impossible/pointless. The bar will run directly behind the two front seats. As per simplicity... roll cages are not an easy job. It requires cutting of the body, and welding to the frame. Both of which are time consuming and require a good amount of skill. Not to mention having to strip the interior to do so.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Yeah I wouldn't do it. It'd probably make it being a DD become a pain in the butt. If you're putting a roll bar in a car it might as well be on a drag/show car that only leaves the garage a few times a month.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
as much as i love driving it, sadly, it might be come just a saturday night special. break out for some special ladies, if they are lucky. But thanks for the input, ive already had the interior out once, dyed the carpet black, and now im goin for a two tone look with the original tan color. i want black and red but not enough money to do it all. So much i wish to do...haha, I just really like the look of the top down with the roll bar and come to think of it, i dont even want the back seats..maybe ill put some speakers and a NOS bottle haha.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts