Camaro Zone Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
drop top cruzer
9,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody know if you can take the seat belts apart, off the retractors.:dunno:

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I have no idea, if you dont mind me asking . why?

·
drop top cruzer
9,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes, it's cheaper and easier to find coupe belts than verts, so if I could take them apart it would save some time and money

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I see. probably be heck putting them back together, have you checked e-bay

·
Always Watching...
22,233 Posts
You got a haynes manual? I'll check mine in the morning. Too tired to go out to the car to get it. I'd just give it a good look over and see if you can take it apart. I agree with 69bird about it being a PITA to put back together.

·
drop top cruzer
9,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can see two little maybe allen or trox bit heads holding the belt in the retractor, but I don't have anything that small to see what happens if I take it out.

·
Always Watching...
22,233 Posts
I just checked my Haynes Manual. It was of no use. Only thing on seat belts was to check them every so often to make sure they work. If not, replace as needed. Doesn't show how to replace though. Any luck finding some info?

·
drop top cruzer
9,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so I took one of my belts out today and it does look like they come apart. But they have a big label that says "DO NOT REMOVE" since I don't have a back up and don't know whats going to happen, I really dont' want to take a chance and pop the cover off.

·
Always Watching...
22,233 Posts
Lol. Do it, you rebel you. It's probably like those stupid tags on mattresses that say "Do not remove under penalty of law" and yet, if you remove them it's not like some secret government agent comes pounding down your door or anything.

·
drop top cruzer
9,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
if only someone had an extra one to take apart, cause know may luck when I pop the cover parts are going to go every where....lol

·
Always Watching...
22,233 Posts
What if as soon as you popped it off, a genie came out and was like "mwahahaha, the sticker said "do not remove" and did you listen? nooo!... "
lol, reminded me of Dane Cook. That guy is hilarious.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.