Camaro Zone Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my passenger side is missing the molding on the front fender and the Firebird emblem on the passenger door. I just started trying to hunt down the missing pieces last month but am having no luck. Should I just do a molding delete? I mean, I already try to park as far away from people as possible as it is.

·
Premium Member
5,300 Posts
I'd say get rid of it, I think they look better without the molding anyways. and it really doesn't protect your car against most of the idiotic people that park next to you anyways.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, kinda what I'm thinking. Besides, if someone did ding into my car with the molding on, then the molding would get scraped up anyways, thats just as bad looking IMO.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The car will have a cleaner look without the molding. i took it off my Z and i like the look. If you want the firebird emblem you should still be able to get it from your dealer

·
Registered
525 Posts
I agree with the "molding delete" option. Question is...what do you use to do it? I removed the molding from my S10, but I wasn't happy with how I did it. There has to be an easier way to do it.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
From what I've read the best way to do it is to get some floss or fishing line and a heat gun or blow dryer and then a little patience and perseverance.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The molding isn't wide, so it's fairly easy to do. With the weather getting warmer that will help also. I just pulled mine off and cleaned off the double sided tape that was left.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.