Camaro Zone Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i decided about a month ago to repaint my black z28 i did the taping and prep then i started looking for pai t i foud some paint called acme finish 1 that is acually made by sherwin williams so i buy the whole set i b uilt a paint shop in my shed and was planning on painting it today so i woke up at 7 this mornin did the final wipe down on it and started spraying it looked great i finished the base coat and started with the clear it was looing great till i saw a bead of water hit the paint my dad went to check the water trap and he mashed the bleed button and water sprayed all over my second wet coat of clear this sucks so much now i have to snd it all out and hope i can get it to look as good as it did:icon_twisted:

·
Registered
953 Posts
sorry to hear about the water. had water come out of the gun before what painting at home and it sucks. might of been able to blow some light air on it and get the water out then put on more clear. but depending on how it looks more then likely you will have to sand the clear down flat with 1000 grit wet sand and spray 2 more coats on. might be to thin to sand it and polish.

good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts