Camaro Zone Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,383 Posts
I'd support this. There have numerous people on here saying they're going to do it, but nothing has ever happened. It'd be nice if you'd be the one to ACTUALLY do it. :) are you wanting to use the eaton supercharger that was stock on the gtp's?

You're going to need a new set of head, the l67 heads would be suffice for low boost applications

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
I'd support this. There have numerous people on here saying they're going to do it, but nothing has ever happened. It'd be nice if you'd be the one to ACTUALLY do it. :) are you wanting to use the eaton supercharger that was stock on the gtp's?

You're going to need a new set of head, the l67 heads would be suffice for low boost applications
The biggest problem is most cheaply available roots blowers are FWD applications...hard to turn the corner under the cowl to make it work, lol

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
The biggest problem is most cheaply available roots blowers are FWD applications...hard to turn the corner under the cowl to make it work, lol
This... Even I was looking into it. This is the problem. I wanted to do this to my sisters 3.8 but I saw all the fails of people trying this. Although it can be done. Just a huge pita. And even then I'm not sure if I've ever actually seen pics of it finished.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
This... Even I was looking into it. This is the problem. I wanted to do this to my sisters 3.8 but I saw all the fails of people trying this. Although it can be done. Just a huge pita. And even then I'm not sure if I've ever actually seen pics of it finished.
Right...

I'm looking into machining a FWD roots blower to be drawn in from the top, not the rear, and mounting a carb on top...

The best I've seen anyone do is to turn the blower around and run a "drive shaft" back to the drive pulley...

BritishV8 Forum: Re: My L67 Supercharger modifications

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Turbo is not a bad way to go either i would be getting alot of help with this from friends i really just got into working on cars into dept i mean i know the basics but other then that not entirely sure

·
Token Firebird Owner
9,914 Posts
Cable vs. electric. Your PCM will pitch a fit and you'll have to swap pedals.

Just run the electric one.
OP would have to wire up electric pedals because he has a 96 with a cable TB.

·
Registered
686 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.