Camaro Zone Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97 z28 with a wrecked ttop. I see there are tons of hardtop to ttop conversions. what about ttop to hardtop conversions? Anyone done it? I want less flex and want a hardtop. how hard is it? let me know. thanks

·
Premium Member
4,849 Posts
Hmmm....I dont think Ive ever heard someone wanting to convert to hardtop. I dont think it would be worth the money and time.

Dave's T-Top Install Page!!!!!!!!

Do that, but go in reverse and see whats needed for hardtop

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the quick reply.
To me it seems like it would be more worthwhile to have a hardtop. especially for street/strip. its more rigid and has less flex under body load. It also wouldnt leak after a while. i was thinkin about running through the ttop conversion in reverse. Im just thinking it would be difficult because during the ttop swap they cut the side braces totally off. I guess that just means more welding.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Also, if you're good at welding and fabricating, you won't have to make it "stock", ya know? You'll have the freedom of doing it your own way, making it sturdier than the stock hardtop. Kinda do what you want as far as structure goes, then put the roof panel on and no one would know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i picked up a full hardtop from the junkyard for 100 dollars. not too bad. now ive got to get motivated to cut the existing top off in this cold weather. haha

·
Registered
532 Posts
Brace the hell outta your body. Dont open the doors after youve started cutting either. it can be done but it will be an uphill battle all the way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts