Camaro Zone Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have a 97 camaro 3.8l v6 that overheated on me recently so i decieded to try and sell it. So far some calls but they just want to trade or waste time. So i decied im gonna keep my first car and replace the motor, and before you say" v8 swap" keep in mind im just a high school student who works on his free to get some green.

Now i found a replacement but its from a 99-02 camaro. Which is in great condition and a fair price. But what will i need from it to complete the replacement? I know the 3.8l is slighty different compared to a 97 its why im here.

Thank you

·
Registered
11,494 Posts
So i have a 97 camaro 3.8l v6 that overheated on me recently so i decieded to try and sell it. So far some calls but they just want to trade or waste time. So i decied im gonna keep my first car and replace the motor, and before you say" v8 swap" keep in mind im just a high school student who works on his free to get some green.

Now i found a replacement but its from a 99-02 camaro. Which is in great condition and a fair price. But what will i need from it to complete the replacement? I know the 3.8l is slighty different compared to a 97 its why im here.

Thank you
The 3.8 series II was used in the 96-02 (95 in California) F-body's. the 3.8 in your 97 is the same 3.8 in a 99-02. Just take the long block from the 99-02 and install all of your cars parts on it. Unless the 99-02 engine has a lot of miles on it, then it probably also needs to be rebuilt.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 3.8 series II was used in the 96-02 (95 in California) F-body's. the 3.8 in your 97 is the same 3.8 in a 99-02. Just take the long block from the 99-02 and install all of your cars parts on it. Unless the 99-02 engine has a lot of miles on it, then it probably also needs to be rebuilt.
I dont need the throttle body from the 99 right? My current one will work?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts