Camaro Zone Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1999 camaro 3.8 needs a new Throttle Position Sensor. I'm having a lot of trouble finding one without replacing the whole throttlebody. Help or a link to one would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I was never able to find a separate one. It is riveted into the throttle body, so you would have to drill it out. What code(s) are you getting? There is another position sensor for the gas pedal that may cause a similar problem.

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
its not separate from the throttle body unless you drill out the rivets and redo them.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
I don't know what you guys are smoking but the TPS on the 3800 is not riveted into the throttle body. It is held in with two security torx bit screws just like the MAF and IAC. OP I actually have one for sale in the classifieds section if you are interested.

http://www.camarozone.com/forum/f72/miscellaneous-stuff-142418/

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
cincybird98 said:
I don't know what you guys are smoking but the TPS on the 3800 is not riveted into the throttle body. It is held in with two security torx bit screws just like the MAF and IAC. OP I actually have one for sale in the classifieds section if you are interested.

This is right... I had to replace mine before

·
drop top cruzer
9,306 Posts

X3 Duralast/Throttle Position Sensor (TPS144) | 1999 Chevrolet Camaro 6 Cylinders K 3.8L SFI OHV | AutoZone.com_

·
Registered
1,320 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks! slowly but surely fixing everything that was wrong with my car since i bought it :)

·
Registered
6,674 Posts

you guys both have 98's. your argument is invalid cuz you have a different intake and throttle body than Zach with his 99

·
Premium Member
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
1,320 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Yeah the inlet on stock is like 3" and outlet is 2.5" I think they were a little different than that but whatever when I got my magnaflow the first shop I took it to flipped shit and was like it will never work. And then started saying something about California? So I took it to the speed shop down the street and had them do it for a little more. Went to inspection the next week and passed with flying colors.

BTW this is what I ordered MagnaFlow 99306HM - MagnaFlow Heavy Metal Catalytic Converters - Overview - SummitRacing.com

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tps

I have the same problem with my throttle body at the moment. You posted that you ordered the sensor. Can you tell me where you ordered it from? 2002 3.8 Camaro

·
Premium Member
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Look above and you'll see a link was posted. It was duralast brand, autozone.com. anyways I have the part but just cant figure out how to replace it. Where's the old one and how do I do it? Remember it's a 99 3.8.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you
My 1999 camaro 3.8 needs a new Throttle Position Sensor. I'm having a lot of trouble finding one without replacing the whole throttlebody. Help or a link to one would be much appreciated.
ever figure out where the tps is located? I’m having trouble finding mine

1 - 19 of 19 Posts