Camaro Zone Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is in repair I'm restoring it but when I rev the engine to keep it alive sometimes when I accelerate it doesn't do anything. Hard to explain...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Personally, I'd need more information and description of symptoms before I could try to diagnose.

·
The "Senior" Member
18,266 Posts
My car is in repair I'm restoring it but when I rev the engine to keep it alive sometimes when I accelerate it doesn't do anything. Hard to explain...
Does it stumble like it's going to stall or does it simply not rev?
If it's carbureted and stumbles when you give it gas, the accelerator pump in the carb is worn out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Even when a carb is brand new .You still have to tune it to the particular engine. There is a Holley book for doing that. Or have competent friend or have have a shop do it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The why you ask us? Then when we give suggestion you answer the way you did,Because you didn`t give us much information.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The why you ask us? Then when we give suggestion you answer the way you did,Because you didn`t give us much information.
What? I'm sorry if you took something the wrong way but I was just saying that tuning won't be a problem I appreciate everything you've said and you've helped me figure out what was wrong with the carb.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does it stumble like it's going to stall or does it simply not rev?
If it's carbureted and stumbles when you give it gas, the accelerator pump in the carb is worn out.
And to this I meant that you said exactly what was wrong with it I just didn't know how to explain it but I knew it was something with the carb so I had already bought a new carb I just haven't installed it

·
Registered
35 Posts
Do you have the manual for it. Some of those "tuner " carbs .If that is what you have ,do things a little different way.All else fails call their Tech line.I hope this helps.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do you have the manual for it. Some of those "tuner " carbs .If that is what you have ,do things a little different way.All else fails call their Tech line.I hope this helps.
Yeah a manual came in the box on how to install and if I remember right it talked about how to tune and adjust it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts