Camaro Zone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Always Watching...
22,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Touch up paint. I'm looking to buy some. I was at autozone (my new hang out place lately, lol) and I saw they have mini cans of touch up paint. I have the front license plate cover that my gf bought me for my bday and I really want to put it on, but I'm waiting to get it painted when I get my bumper painted. Well, that's taking alot longer than I had planned, so I was hoping to just use some touch up paint to paint the cover myself. Anyone do this or something similar?
Anyway, I cant seem to figure out what color my car is.
2000 Silver Firebird. Guy at autozone says he thinks its Galaxy silver? Idk. I know there's a way to check from a code on the door, but i'm not sure how to decipher them. Any help would be great.

·
Always Watching...
22,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It would be the same as a Camaro? I guess GM colors are universal for chevy and pontiac? The guy looked it up in some book he had there, and that's where he got Galaxy Silver Met. I'll try the decoder and see what it says. I've gotta go snap a pic of my sticker.

·
Always Watching...
22,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sebring Silver Metallic Clearcoat it's not galaxy silver, but if you want to be certain check you RPO code on the door..heres a link to RPO decoder

Welcome To Camarosource.ca* - Internet's Largest Most Complete Camaro Resource Site
I have 13U listed. That turned up these results:
13U
PRIMARY COLOR EXTERIOR, ASTRAL SILVER (02) HOLDEN
13U
PRIMARY COLOR EXTERIOR, BRIGHT SILVER MET (02)
13U
PRIMARY COLOR EXTERIOR, MOONMIST GREY (02) HOLDEN
13U
PRIMARY COLOR EXTERIOR, QUICKSILVER (02) HOLDEN
13U
PRIMARY COLOR EXTERIOR, SEBRING SILVER MET (02)
13U PRIMARY COLOR, EXTERIOR, BRIGHT SILVER MET (91)
13U PRIMARY COLOR, EXTERIOR, BRIGHT SILVER MET (91)
I'm assuming the numbers in parenthesis are years, so where's (00)? lol. What does HOLDEN mean?

·
Always Watching...
22,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Always Watching...
22,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just got back from AZ. Checked their little touch up paint book they have. Also, checked all the paint they have in stock.
ALOT of Silver Met. is listed. Saw Galaxy Silver Met. Saw a Light Silver Met. Did not find a Sebring Met.
fail.

·
drop top cruzer
9,306 Posts
I'm assuming the numbers in parenthesis are years, so where's (00)? lol. What does HOLDEN mean?
holden is the Australian version of were the GTO came form,

email camarosoure.ca and tell them about your car they know there shit,

they should be able to tell by you vin to, I found out all kinds of stuff when they searched mine.

·
Always Watching...
22,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
http://www.sherwin-automotive.com/formula/car_detail.cfm

Went there. Typed in
Pontiac
Firebird
Silver
Exterior

and got 5 results.
As you saw in an earlier post i have an RPO code 13U so that narrows my search to either Sebring Silver Met or Silver Met.
I also found code WA9966 on my door.
So Silver Met it is?
...confusing.

·
drop top cruzer
9,306 Posts
I know that the camaro uses Sebring Silver, I thought the firebirds did to:dunno:, any how it's more than likely not going to be an exact match any way, Like my car is Arctic white but the touch paint does even come close.

·
Always Watching...
22,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Kinda sucks. You check out that link I posted?
A guy at AZ said I could try a color out and if it didn't match he could exchange it for another. I might go that route. For like 5 bucks, I can dig it, for now.

·
drop top cruzer
9,306 Posts
yeah, I noticed that they only used Sebring Silver 99-00 and Silver Met 95-02, so at least you know it's one of those two colors, the AZ thing sounds like the best why to go, but you still know it will never be an exact match, to the rest of the car.

·
Always Watching...
22,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know it wont be an exact match, but I need to get some body work done on the front end, and that means probably getting my entire bumper repainted, so the plan is this will hold me over until then.
I've seen that before. I get email updates on stuff like that. Wish it said WHICH silver it was painted! haha. That'd make my search so much easier.

·
drop top cruzer
9,306 Posts
well it say it came off a 2002 so it would be the Silver Met 95-02, going by the link you posted...

·
Always Watching...
22,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hmm... good point. Who knows, I may just get lucky and get a hold of the right color. I don't really have many options at AZ. I'm hoping Silver Met. is my color.

·
Always Watching...
22,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Silver is silver in my opinion, but I am curious about one more thing...
Should I clear coat the license plate cover? I saw they sell another small can, just called clear coat. The clear would protect the paint a little bit right? I would think this is a good thing since it's right in the front of the car, taking on all the elements.

·
drop top cruzer
9,306 Posts
every little bit of protection helps:icon15: and if you don't use the clear it will fade quicker, and the cheap stuff at walmart works just as good...

1 - 20 of 72 Posts