Camaro Zone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Token Firebird Owner
9,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So some n00b to Photoshop was begging for a walkthrough. Out of pity, I guided him along as we both fixed one of my old "throw away" images. Three hours and a PSD transfer later and we were both mostly on the same page. :lol:

Here's my before and after... Check out what fairly basic Photoshop work can do:

After:

·
Always Watching...
22,233 Posts
Here's where I went awry... I was on the same page as Zex mostly, but then I made a n00b mistake. Well, I played around some more with it anyway...
My result, before the PSD transfer.

After I got back on the same page, I did a little more playing around...
I finished with a MUCH "hotter" version IMO. Haha.

Thanks again Zex:icon15:

·
Slow'erAss
10,393 Posts
This is why I do my best to avoid needing the use of PS.

Mainly because....I suck at it. :lol: :lol:

·
Always Watching...
22,233 Posts
So here's more of me playing around.
Original:

After:

I know, I know, I'm still a n00b but I'm getting there...

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
lookin' good

·
Registered
308 Posts
Well here's my version using Supermans brightness/contrast settings (must be different numbering schemes between CS4 and CS2) with a few tweaks of my own to reduce noise:
Isn't editing pics fun? Is this just a combination of editing the levels and the brightness/contrast? Or is there more done to it?

So here's more of me playing around.
Original:
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768.

After:
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600.

I know, I know, I'm still a n00b but I'm getting there...
Coming along nicely! I remember when I was first learning PS... It was pretty daunting... I was lucky to be in a class that taught it lol.

·
Always Watching...
22,233 Posts
Isn't editing pics fun? Is this just a combination of editing the levels and the brightness/contrast? Or is there more done to it?

Coming along nicely! I remember when I was first learning PS... It was pretty daunting... I was lucky to be in a class that taught it lol.
1. Little more done to it, but the final touch was extreme contrast.
2. Yeah, I never had that luxury. Gotta self-teach! haha... with help from a few friends...

·
Token Firebird Owner
9,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
It's more fun when you have to explain every button and action to somebody else. lol
First, I fixed the blurry base pic, then cropped and resized, then adjusted colors/brightness/contrast/saturation using one layer, changing the layer blending mode, and a layer mask. Once done with most of the level and color tweaking (got it more or less close) I merged the layers, then added some vignetting and re-adjusted the brightness/contrast.

Then for the exaggerated color version, I made a copy of the flattened final layer, then adjusted the brightness and contrast to an extreme and set the layer mode to Overlay. Then I did a Gaussian Blur on it to reduce noise but still retain some of the sharp edges.

Ditto... Digital Photography 1A and 1B. Did about 60 Photoshop tutorials using Photoshop 5 and 6, so I usually end up taking the round-about way to getting things done since I don't know every single new time-saving feature of the CS line. Been using Photoshop 7 since 2003 and only recently switched to CS2...

·
Registered
308 Posts
It's more fun when you have to explain every button and action to somebody else. lol
First, I fixed the blurry base pic, then cropped and resized, then adjusted colors/brightness/contrast/saturation using one layer, changing the layer blending mode, and a layer mask. Once done with most of the level and color tweaking (got it more or less close) I merged the layers, then added some vignetting and re-adjusted the brightness/contrast.

Then for the exaggerated color version, I made a copy of the flattened final layer, then adjusted the brightness and contrast to an extreme and set the layer mode to Overlay. Then I did a Gaussian Blur on it to reduce noise but still retain some of the sharp edges.

Ditto... Digital Photography 1A and 1B. Did about 60 Photoshop tutorials using Photoshop 5 and 6, so I usually end up taking the round-about way to getting things done since I don't know every single new time-saving feature of the CS line. Been using Photoshop 7 since 2003 and only recently switched to CS2...
lol I still use Photoshop 7 :) I'll have to try editing some pics of my car! of all the things ive done I never even thought of that lol. My avatar is the only time I edited my car in PS.

·
Always Watching...
22,233 Posts
Read a write-up and decided to try this out.
Before:

After:

I plan on redoing the wheels on it, but it was a last minute touch. To be honest, I liked it better when I had my current wheels on. We'll see...
I'm still playing around with it.
What do you guys think for a noob?
*Edit*
Added whitewalls...

·
drop top cruzer
9,306 Posts
looks pretty good, that (white wall) back tire looks a little flat...lol, so what write up are you talking about?

·
Always Watching...
22,233 Posts
looks pretty good, that (white wall) back tire looks a little flat...lol, so what write up are you talking about?
I thought the same thing. Once it got distorted like that, I couldn't seem to fix it without messing up other things. Then when I was finally able to, I couldn't do it without having to start all over with that tire. It's no biggy though. I'm going to swap them out for better looking ones. Whitewalls are sweet, but don't flow well with the bird. Haha.

·
Registered
452 Posts
i don't have Photoshop, but i use these free online photo editors.
FotoFlexer
Picnik
photoshop.com/express

not sure which i used for the following..

before

after

i am new to this so i was just checking out, did this in 5 min.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts