Camaro Zone Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
CZ's Turbo Gawd
7,943 Posts
legaux88 said:
What should I break it off with?

Sent from my iPhone using CamaroZone
I have had to get crossthreaded and just messed up lug nuts off before and the only way I've had lick getting them off without damaging the wheel is to either drill out the lug its self or drill a hole between the lug and the lug nut... use a punch to indent a place to start drilling and use small drill bits at first to make a pilot hole then gradually drill the hole larger with bigger bits.

·
Registered
11,506 Posts
I had to take mine to a tire store to have mine removed. They charged me like $7 a wheel to do it IIRC. Had to have 3 removed. Then I just got after market ones to replace them. Sucks when I bought my car (used ) there was no wheel lock key included. And 1 of the wheels was missing a lock. They were all just regular lug nuts on that wheel. But it all worked out, about $50 later.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ercmann said:
I had to take mine to a tire store to have mine removed. They charged me like $7 a wheel to do it IIRC. Had to have 3 removed. Then I just got after market ones to replace them. Sucks when I bought my car (used ) there was no wheel lock key included. And 1 of the wheels was missing a lock. They were all just regular lug nuts on that wheel. But it all worked out, about $50 later.
Ok

Sent from my iPhone using CamaroZone

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
federaltax said:
Hit up eBay.. It's a socket that you put on the lugnut hit it with a hammer remove old lock nut.. Done.. only costs like 20$ too so not too bad
I work at Belle tire, and this is exactly what we do for those.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a 96 camaro and i just blew one of my tires from drifting and i cant take the wheel off without the lock key but have no idea if its in the car and i have contacted the dealership and they are no luck i think im going to use a size smaller socket. and hit it on with a hammer and see. if it works

1 - 17 of 17 Posts